Employee Appreciation Day is approaching.
Didn’t get the memo? No worries, we are here to help! Of course, it would have been awesome to plan something last week, but we get it. We are busy and these things happen! It’s not exactly like Employee Appreciation Day is the top holiday on everyone’s radar. However, as an employer, it’s an awesome opportunity to stop and say, “Thank you!” for the hard work and dedication of your employees.
Here are a few quick and easy ideas that you still have time to execute:
- Coffee & Donuts – It’s a classic. Creative? No. But have you ever heard anyone complain about free caffeine and sugary goodness first thing in the morning? It will make your team feel loved as soon as they walk in the door.
- Hand-Written Notes – Depending on the size of your team, this might not be scalable on short notice! However, a quick “thank you” goes a long way. Just make sure the notes include something personal – try to think of specific examples of why you appreciate each individual.
- A Gift to Share – Perhaps a new ping pong table, espresso machine, or projector for the conference room? Maybe you don’t have the time or budget to get a little something for everyone – so why not make a purchase everyone can share! Try to think of some of the pain-points in your office and how you could fix them. Try to find something everyone can enjoy.
- Let Them Out Early – Give them back an hour of their day. Kicking off happy hour at 4:00 or getting a few extra errands finished before the weekend will definitely lift their spirits. A simple email saying, “You’ve done well. Now, go enjoy!” will certainly spread smiles across the office.
- Street Art – Wake up bright and really Friday morning, grab a bucket of chalk, and write a HUGE message in front of your entrances. It may seem juvenile, but from our experience, people loved it. It’s unexpected, noticeable, and will brighten everyone’s day.
Of course, at Teamphoria we believe that employees should be appreciated every day, not just once a year. If you are looking to kick-off a year-round employee recognition program, check out our Employee Recognition Features for more information or sign up today!